This shot should make you wet your pants ;-) It is a lot steeper here than
at the puffin shot. I was really impressed by the man claiming freight of
heights.

Jostein is a sensible man, so I guess he has gone to bed now. I'm not, so
I'll answer your question for him. The near black background is the sea. The
gannet is a very light (read near white) bird. So he had to underexpose to
avoid blowing out the highlights. The colour of the sea is a positive side
effect of this underexposure, is my guess.

Tim
Mostly harmless (just plain Norwegian)

Never underestimate the power of stupidity in large crowds
(Very freely after Arthur C. Clarke, or some other clever guy)