On this list the digest has consistently produced posts containing the whole digest as a quote. If I wanted to read a digest I would subscribe to the digest, but I would not post messages to the list from it. Also unless the digest has changed it is hard to follow threads in it.

Doug has said he is changing things, both the list software and the ISP. That will take a while to set up, I guess. I can certainly put up with this for a week or two.

I do find it funny that so much legitimate email goes off into limbo, but the spam seems to have no problems getting here.

graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com
http://webpages.charter.net/graywolf
"Idiot Proof" <==> "Expert Proof"

Godfrey DiGiorgi wrote:
Same here for a lot of people's posts.

Mind you, this is not a bad way to go. On one or two lists I've participated in, *all* the conversation happened in response to messages from a digest. It gives people time to think before responding and not just react out of hand. I'm not suggesting that this is what Doug should do, BTW, but it does generally reduce bandwidth and produce more thoughtful communications, in my experience.

Godfrey