On May 11, 2006, at 9:58 AM, graywolf wrote:
On this list the digest has consistently produced posts containing the whole digest as a quote. If I wanted to read a digest I would subscribe to the digest, but I would not post messages to the list from it. Also unless the digest has changed it is hard to follow threads in it.

The proper way to reply to a post read from the digest is to:

a) hit reply, delete the digest copy quotation that is usually auto- entered
b) copy into the reply only the relevant material you want to quote
c) replace the subject of the message with "re: <original thread subject>"
d) add your response
e) send to the list address

It requires more than just hitting the reply button. I get both (two accounts subscribed) and respond from either, depending upon whether the post I want to respond to has made it to me individually or not. I often check the digest to see if other responses have already been made to a given post.

Godfrey