Sell it to me in two weeks for like.... Oh I duno.... a hundred bucks?

Truth be told, my wife had a minor episode when I got that new-looking MX for $20. She wondered why the hell I was wasting my money on a twenty-something year old FILM camera...

CW

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Roberts" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <pentax-discuss@pdml.net>
Sent: Monday, May 15, 2006 12:53 PM
Subject: Question: Should I sell my MZ-S?

It's a question I've been pondering for some time so I thought I'd
open it up to discussion and debate. Let's stir the pot, rock the
boat, muddy the waters, etc.

Much as I love my MZ-S, I've noticed that I just don't use it any
more. I shoot digital for the most part. When I shoot film, it's
almost always B&W, which means I use the 645. And on the rare
occasions when I *do* shoot 35mm color film, I find it's the MX I
reach for. Small, light, simple, manual, unhurried, untechnological -
that's what I'm looking for on those occasions.

So the result is that I have this superb, ergonomic, high-tech,
magnesium-bodied gem gathering dust most of the time and that bothers
me. I know there are probably photographers out there who would
actually *use* this camera. But I haven't been able to bring myself to
sell it.

Factors making me want to keep it:
1) I love the way it feels and works.
2) I probably couldn't get much for it these days.
3) It's the ultimate (in the true sense of the word) Pentax high-end
film camera. The last of a thoroughbred line.

I should probably look around and see what used ones sell for these
days, but whether the price is high or low, it would probably make me
both happy and sad...