Of course not... :-)  I didn't mean to imply the .jpg quality setting in the
camera (although that would obviously have a bearing). I meant the color,
contrast, lighting, etc.,  of the subject to be captured.

All I'm saying is that assuming all .jpgs are lossy, to any degree, and
knowing that I don't necessarialy understand, nor can predict what the
algorithm will do, I chose to shoot .tiffs, based on the fact that storage
is relatively inexpensive.

Tom C.