From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

>  From a mechanical perspective, the "professional" quality slide
> projection system was a disaster.

We've conducted slide contests for years without any problems at all and we'll
continue those. My question was about adding digital projections to the
competition in order to allow more people to participate. Some of our members
shoot digitally and don't have the equipment, expertise or $ to produce medium
to large prints for our club competitions. I want to afford ALL members the
opportunity to participate in the contests from point and shooters on up.
Digital projection would provide that opportunity.

I don't want to create another digital projector category because the contests
take too long now. It's a fast easy process to switch projectors on the stand
and combining slides and digital projection into one contest seems to be a
relatively simple thing to do.

Our Federation of Camera Clubs interclub contests just had their first combined
digital projections and slides contest. I wasn't there but I haven't heard
anything negative about the experiment.

Thank you for your input.

Tom Reese