On Jun 18, 2006, at 4:43 PM, Joseph Tainter wrote:

> Ken, do you mean than even when Pentax produced only film cameras,
> they
> were nonetheless working on shake reduction for an eventual digital
> sensor?

Hi Joe,

That's what this reviewer is saying.
Pal was saying that Pentax had a basic patent for the IS and it is
very conceivable that they had developed all sorts of designs for the
SR over the years.  I am sure that they were always trying to market
some form of SR but film plane cannot be shifted so the CCD shift
method must be a new concept.  Whether they have been developing this
particular method even during the film era, I do not know, but that's
certainly what the reviewer says ;-).  And it is very conceivable as
Pentax, over the years, have developed many things but only few made
into the market.  Timid marketing?  Maybe.
But they appear to have transformed themselves into more of a risk
taker since switching to digital.

Cheers,

ken