On Jun 19, 2006, at 10:16 AM, Doug Franklin wrote:

> That sounds great, but the thing I wonder about is how SR interacts
> with
> panning.  That is, does it help, does it hurt, do you have to turn SR
> off when panning, ...

In general, the other cameras/lenses I've owned that have image
stabilization have special modes for panning which implement
stabilization in the vertical direction while unlocking it in the
horizontal direction. Whether the Pentax solution includes this kind
of stuff or recognizes and does the right thing regarding large scale
movement in one direction while maintaining stabilization service in
the other is as yet unknown.

At the worst, you simply turn it off for panning work.

Godfrey