Hello gfen,

Not sure why you are saying alas.  You haven't tried it.  I have used
an MX for many, many years and it is among my favorite bodies of all
time.  The process that John described is faster to use than an MX.
So if you are happy with your MX, you should not be significantly
bothered by the Pentax DSLR.

--
Bruce

Saturday, June 24, 2006, 5:18:38 AM, you wrote:

g> On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, John Francis wrote:
>> automatically during exposure.  And while metering has to be done
>> stopped down, rather than at full aperture, a single push of a button
>> will stop the lens down, take a meter reading, select an appropriate
>> shutter speed, and open the aperture again.  This all happens faster
>> than it just took you to read about it.

g> Alas, its just one more thing I'm stuck having to do, and it annoys me.

g> Looks like I'm not quite ready to retire the MX or ZX5n yet. :)

g> What's the difference between the K100D and the K10D, and where are they
g> pricing these things at?

g> --
g> http://www.infotainment.org       <->     more fun than a poke in your eye.
g> http://www.eighteenpercent.com    <->     photography and portfolio.