At one time, I owned the 43mm Limited.  While it was mechanically very
nice, I can't say that it was obviously an optically better lens than
the FA 50/1.4.  But it costs twice as much.

The 31 limited costs about 2-3 times as much as the FA 35/2.  Again,
how much - if any - better is it optically?

The 77 limited seems to be the one exception for now.  The closest
thing to it was the FA *85/1.4.  The 77 was cheaper and seemed to be a
better all around lens.

So, my question is - are the limited lenses truly worth it?  Beyond
the cachet of owning one - will there be a marked improvement in my
images?

Now what complicates things a bit is the new DA limiteds.  They are
priced more competitively.  It almost seems like for the digital
sensor, the new 21, 40 and 70 might be a better triplet than the old
31, 43, 77.

I'd like to hear what others think.

--
Best regards,