Well, if you have small bright objects (swans on a lake or whatever) the
scene, burned out highlights is an issue.
Backlit scenery I expose differently (0 - +1), nothing else.
Anyway, I hardly ever get a DIGITAL exposure, that doesn't have to be edited
in Phase One (RAW converter) and in PS.

At least I know that I spend hours every day editing digital photographs.
Digital photograpy is very time consuming. Perhaps with better results than
film. But still time consuming.

But for the average P&S or family album photographer, film is surely the
easiest way to go. And film will - unless you spend a lot of time and money
catching up on RAW conversion, colour profiles, Photoshop etc. - produce
better results.
If you shoot less than one film a week, digital is not a good idea.
Equipment is very expensive (camera, cards, card readers, hard drives/DVD's,
computers, software, printers scanners etc, etc.).

If you don't want to spend hours every week (or day day) editing your shots,
film is the way to go.
That's just my opinion.

Now I' out of time. I must go and shoot (digital) photographs for an
advertising campaign for a local restaurant ...

Jens Bladt
http://www.jensbladt.dk
+45 56 63 77 11
+45 23 43 85 77