On Jul 3, 2006, at 11:45 AM, Bob W wrote:

> http://www.web-options.com/Saris.jpg
> because it includes large areas of even tone, but with a lot of detail
> and bright colour, plus shadow detail and subtle tones, rich blacks
> and some highlights.
>
> What do others think of this as an example to evaluate the printers?
> If it's not a good example, what features should be in a photo to get
> a decent trial of a printer's abilities?

As I see it on my screen, this is an overly contrasty image with high
contrast, poor Zone II-V separation, and an overall cyan cast. I
would NOT evaluate a printer based on printing this JPEG image; it
needs correction to be suitable for printing and might never be an
optimal print due to the under-exposed shadows which will be
difficult to render properly if they original captures are not RAW
format.

If you want, I'll send you a couple of nicely printed B&W and Color
5x7 photos printed on the Epson R2400. Send me an email...

Godfrey