Cotty wrote:

> On 3/7/06, Ann Sanfedele, discombobulated, unleashed:
>
> >The only reason they would 't use it, I think, is
> >free-lancer politics.
>
> Doubtful. If a (newsworthy) picture meets the criteria of the picture
> editor, then it will be used no matter what the source. I can't believe
> that a local paper would run a line or two about a burst hydrant, unless
> (say) the car driver was racing away from a murder scene or whatever. Or
> unless a bunch of street kids were splashing about in it during a heatwave.
>
> Define 'newsworthy' ;-)
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
>   Cotty

I've been to the town where Shel lives...
dog bites man is news :)

Was thinking more that if there are two photos submitted (of
anything) and one
is from their regular source and one is from a stranger,
amateur, etc - given
the one by the latter isn't overwhelmingly brilliant. they
will say thanks, good job,
and publish the one from the regular guy.  That was all I
was saying...

ann