On Jul 4, 2006, at 8:33 AM, Aaron Reynolds wrote:

> Let me tell you a funny story I heard in my retailing days:
>
> One time in the dear, dim past, a salesperson for a manufacturer of
> p&s cameras put together a camera plus case plus batteries bundle.
> The bundles were in stores before anyone realized that neither the
> batteries nor the case were not compatible with the camera.  Whups!

Back a good many years ago I ordered a light meter from one of "the
usual suspects" in NYC.  It came in a couple of weeks later.  The
magazine ad I had ordered from said " XYZ meter with case".  When I
unpacked the box I found myself the proud owner of the XYZ meter and
a lens case.  I thought it was a mistake, so I called their "customer
service" number and talked with a very curt man who just said "where
in the ad does it say the case is for the meter?"

Bob