-----Original Message-----

From:  Charles Robinson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subj:  "K" 50mm f1.4 lens is coming apart!
Date:  Wed Jul 5, 2006 10:08 am
Size:  1K
To:  Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>

I've got a used Pentax K 50mm f1.4 lens that exhibited weird behavior
last time I pulled it out of the bag.

The front end of the barrel is loose.  No optics are moving or
anything... just the front barrel (which includes the front plate
that has the name of the lens with the serial number on it and
everything.

I don't know what holds this on, but clearly something has sheared or
come loose.

Heh.  Now that I pull on it a bit to take a demonstrative photo, a
couple of small screws just dropped out into my hands.

All I need now is a VERY tiny screwdriver and a blow-up diagram of
how this lens comes apart.  I'm guessing it might have something to
do with removing the rubber cover on the focusing ring???

Photos to illustrate the problem are below:

  http://charles.robinsontwins.org/images/imgp0202.jpg

(levels adjusted severely to show detail where the problem lies)

  http://charles.robinsontwins.org/images/imgp0203.jpg

Any advice on specifically what to do to get to where those screws
belong would be greatly appreciated.

  -Charles

--
Charles Robinson