On Jul 5, 2006, at 10:39 AM, Toralf Lund wrote:

> Even more differently put, isn't what people are saying here just a
> rather convoluted version of "you get less noise with a lower ISO
> setting"?

The majority of my work is limited to jpegs because it's volume/speed
oriented.  But in my tests, running at 1600 ISO and overexposing 2/3 of
a stop (and compensating for the shadows with the in-camera contrast
control) yielded a better result than a "correctly exposed" 800 ISO
image with contrast adjusted in camera to give a matching image.

I can't tell you why or how, just that it worked that way.

-Aaron