On Jul 6, 2006, at 3:35 PM, Adam Maas wrote:

>  (the confusion as to the Silvertone and
> Rollei Classic origin with respect to APX increases every day).

Really?  What do you need to know about it?

For film recommendations, my gigantic freezer stock is mainly three
films:

Fuji NPZ 800 -- I see no reason to use the NPH 400, since the grain is
virtually identical between these two.  Very flexible, very natural.
Wonderful film.

Fuji Neopan Acros 100 -- finest grained b&w film in an easily workable,
full tonal range product.  Great stuff.  Plays well with many
developers.

Ilford Delta 3200 -- picky as anything, and don't process it in Tmax.
But exposed properly and processed in something compatible (Ilford's
DD-X is a good choice) it's magnificent.  Worked surprisingly well with
Agfa Studional (a constant-agitation developer designed for rotational
processors, which is what I use it in) as well.

If you're in the Toronto area and adventurous, I have a large supply of
Agfa home development C-41 kits.  You may be scared to try developing
your own C-41, but it's actually pretty easy.

I have way too many of them and would gladly sell a handful at a
reasonable rate.  And give you instruction on bleach bypass processing,
if that kind of thing is your cup of tea.  It's a ton of fun.  Though
thinking about it, I've only ever done tests with bleach bypass myself.
  Done about 250 rolls for clients, though.

-Aaron