Aaron Reynolds wrote:

>On Jul 6, 2006, at 3:35 PM, Adam Maas wrote:
>

>> (the confusion as to the Silvertone and
>>Rollei Classic origin with respect to APX increases every day).
>>

>Really?  What do you need to know about it?

Is it current production, from Agfa Gevaert (Who reportedly did the
production for APX even after the AgfaPhoto split) or Foma (the two
options that Silvertone could be) or old master rolls. I've run across
well connected folk who've said both (And Efke too). And Silvertone 400
sure looks like the APX emulsion on the Foma Classic Pan base. As to
Rollei Classic, I've heard it's APX master rolls as well as Maco current
production based on the APX emulsion.

>For film recommendations, my gigantic freezer stock is mainly three
>films:
>
>Fuji NPZ 800 -- I see no reason to use the NPH 400, since the grain is
>virtually identical between these two.  Very flexible, very natural.
>Wonderful film.
>
>Fuji Neopan Acros 100 -- finest grained b&w film in an easily workable,
>full tonal range product.  Great stuff.  Plays well with many
>developers.
>
>Ilford Delta 3200 -- picky as anything, and don't process it in Tmax.
>But exposed properly and processed in something compatible (Ilford's
>DD-X is a good choice) it's magnificent.  Worked surprisingly well with
>Agfa Studional (a constant-agitation developer designed for rotational
>processors, which is what I use it in) as well.

I agree on Acros, but I've not shot the other two. TMZ3200 has worked
quite well for me in TMax and I really don't shoot much colour outside
of some 120 slide in my TLR.

>If you're in the Toronto area and adventurous, I have a large supply of
>Agfa home development C-41 kits.  You may be scared to try developing
>your own C-41, but it's actually pretty easy.
>
>I have way too many of them and would gladly sell a handful at a
>reasonable rate.  And give you instruction on bleach bypass processing,
>if that kind of thing is your cup of tea.  It's a ton of fun.  Though
>thinking about it, I've only ever done tests with bleach bypass myself.
>  Done about 250 rolls for clients, though.

Might have to take you up on that sometime.

>-Aaron

-Adam