Hi Tom, Bob ...

There are many ways to achieve a specific result in Photoshop, rarely a
"best way"  - that's one of the things that makes it, to me at least, such
a neat program.

BTW, I asked about the color cast not only here, but on the Photoshop
mailing list and on theAdobe Photoshop User-to-User forum, where a lot of
PS experts hang out.  I was somewhat surprised at the wide range of
whatsoever to those who noted a blue, green or even yellow cast.  More
interesting were the number of ways to eliminate the cast that others said
didn't exist.  I'm sure there will be more comments waiting for me when I
check my mail further ;-))

Shel