In a message dated 7/7/2006 10:15:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time, [EMAIL
PROTECTED]
writes:
If I had it to do over again and still had my car, I'd
remove the back seat and make a bed
out of it and put screening up on the two back windows with
velcro so I could keep the windows
open at least a bit for ventilation.  This also serves a
very useful function of not having
to give more than one friend a ride wherever you go as the
back seat would be unavailable :) :)

I don't know if you are old enough to get the GOLDEN AGE
passport for the National Parks
but unfortunately even if you have that you usually have to
pay for camping... unless you
come in late to the site and leave at crack of dawn.

I'd recommend getting a pop-up tent.  I used 3 sections of
foam instead of an air mattress -

3 inches thick and 30 or 36" wide is pretty damn comfy... in
section to stack in the
back of the car.  You don't need a real sleeping bag.. a
poly filled comforter works
fine. and maybe a thinsulate blanket just in case.

Bwahwahwah -- I wanna come too!

ann
=======

Well, pay for your plane flight over to CA and you can. :-)

Actually, never thought about the backseat of the car. Might work in a pinch.
I've thought about alternating, one night motel, one night tent camping. So
it might work.

Thanks, ann.

Marnie aka Doe