On Jul 8, 2006, at 7:06 AM, Russell Kerstetter wrote:

> this photo I cannot decide if I like or not
>
> I have spent a lot of time with Picasa messing with it, and have never
> been satisfied with what I came up with.  For this version I hit "I'm
> Feeling Lucky" and decided to wait for comments before spending more
> time on it.
>
> I like it because shows the "excitement" and "confusion" of high
> intesity dodge-ball, but then everything is blurry.
>
> so do you think it is worth spending time on, or is it crap?
>
> http://www.avocadohead.com/piclinks/pic05.html
>
> Brutal and Honest  :)

Nothing is crap in and of itself. What are you trying to say with
it? ]'-)

The question is whether there is something in the photograph that can
be expressed to your satisfaction. If so, then it's not 'crap', it's
a photograph that you worked on *for a reason*. If not, then you can
call it whatever you like.

The fact that you spent a good bit of time 'messing about with it'
indicates that you feel it isn't crap and that there's something in
it that is appealing to you. I would suggest that you stop messing
about with it, study it for a while, and decide what you want to get
out of it. Then go back into whatever editing software you use and
see if you can get it in a more directed, intent driven fashion...

After that, you can decide whether it's crap or not. :-)

Godfrey