On Jul 8, 2006, at 6:40 PM, John Forbes wrote:

> $1,000/pound.  What rubbish.
>
> On that basis an airfare for a human being would be $150,000.
>
> I do wish people would think before making such crazy assertions.

John, you'll note that he says "for large quantities".  Human beings
are not shipped air freight by the thousands at once.  Likewise, Pentax
does not import one or two cameras at a time, and this is why the
shipments of K100D and K110D cameras that are specifically being talked
about are coming over on ships.

I realize that it's hard for people to understand the difference in
scale, but there is a massive difference in scale.  How many cameras do
you think they're bringing in, and how much space do you think they
take up?

-Aaron