Just saying Hi, from Yorkshire UK.
Thought I might join your rather prolific list for so long as my mailbox can
stand it.

I have been taking photos for a couple of months - no idea what brought it
on.  Some kind of madness.

I mostly enjoy using my father's old Pentax Spotmatic F with a broken
lightmeter.
I have another Spotmatic (not F) which actually works, but I really don't
enjoy fiddling about with that black metering switch on the side.

I did buy myself a digital SLR recently -
(not a Pentax - sorry - I wanted anti-shake in the body at a time when
Konica-Minolta was the obvious and very affordable choice),
but I dunno - I'm more of a film type I think.
I only really enjoy using the D-SLR when I stick old M42 Asahi Super Multi
Coated Takumar lenses onto it.
So I consider the results of that to be at least half-Pentax.

I am obsessed with old Takumar lenses, since they seem to have magical
qualities of sharpness mixed with smoothness that I can't get any other way.
They almost seem to "melt" things, like the brickwork here:
http://www.jimkerslake.uklinux.net/pentax/oiljug.jpg

So - well - Hi then  :-)

-- jim

It has removed 7480 spam emails to date.