I have a small stable of Pentax lenses and they are
not described as "old" they are "classic"

My spotties's meters WORK and I prefer my Sekonic
L-28C incident light meter.

Yeah, I DO use the Pentax spotmeter for casual work,
but My Sekonic has save me' arse too many times to
disregard. besides, it needS NO BATTERIES!

Tell me, does Yorkshire have PUBS older then the US?
One of my friends is a Yorkshireman who rubbed that
salt in my wounds once when I served him barbequed
roast TURKEY...He and his family stripped it to the
carcass.

Best regards!

Yodar in orlando

> On Jul 11, 2006, at 4:08 AM, jim kerslake wrote:
>
> > Just saying Hi, from Yorkshire UK.
 Thought I might join your rather prolific list for
so long as my   mailbox can stand it.

I have been taking photos for a couple of months -
no idea what   brought it on.  Some kind of madness.

I mostly enjoy using my father's old Pentax Spotmatic
F with a broken  lightmeter. I have another Spotmatic
(not F) which actually works, but I really
don't enjoy fiddling about with that black metering
switch on the side.

I'm more of a film type I think. I only really enjoy
using the D-SLR when I stick old M42 Asahi   Super
Multi Coated Takumar lenses onto it.
 So I consider the results of that to be at least
half-Pentax.
I am obsessed with old Takumar lenses, since they
 seem to have magical qualities of sharpness mixed
with smoothness that I can't get any   other way. They
almost seem to "melt" things, like the
 brickwork here:
> http://www.jimkerslake.uklinux.net/pentax/oiljug.jpg
> > So - well - Hi then  :-)