That is because most of the folks so commenting are snapshooters they
make images of what is found in front of their cameras (found objects).
Photographers use a camera to make images of their ideas. They can and
do stage and pose them if that is what is needed to present the idea.
Many of the snapshooter persuasion think there is something wrong with
that. Pure records of existing scenes is all that they accept. In news,
  legal, and documentary photography that should be the case, but in
other areas there is no reason to stick to that limitation.

BTW, I am mostly a snapshooter myself, but I do know that is not all
there is to photography.

--
graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com