I balked at buying the *ist D when it came out because of the lens
compatibility issue.   Eventually,  I did buy one, and got use to the
"green button" with older K-mount lenses.   I would love to see full
compatibility with the K10,  but if it doesn't happen,  and the price of
the camera isn't too high,  I might purchase one.
Jim A.