Fra: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] vegne af
DagT
Sendt: 13. juli 2006 18:08
Til: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Emne: A weird little story of Copyright

Just to keep your minds off politics .-)

During my holiday I was reading and listening to music but had the TV
on (and sound off), just in case there was a weather forecast.
Suddenly something known caught my attention on the TV.  In a program
about some opera seminar in western Norway a singer was standing in
front of a painting, and the painting was identical to one of my
photographs.

After some detective work, and help from the Norwegian community at
www.foto.no, I found the painter, and he admitted that he had
downloaded my picture and used it, but he refused to take the picture
down and claimed that he was a not a very good painter and therefore
his  painting was not a copy of my picture. He said that he would
sell it if someone wanted it and that I could by it if I wanted to.

Now the story has been twice in the local radio station and will be
in the local newspaper tomorrow. But since I live in a different part
of the country I have only seen the references on Internet. One of
the leading professors in Copyright issues in Norway has stated that
the painting is illegal, and things seem to be going my way, but it
has been a busy week...

here´s a link with where you can see the pictures:
http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/nrk_sogn_og_fjordane/1.708983

DagT