Doug Brewer wrote:
> Godfrey and anyone else,
>
> I've been sorely tempted to try out Aperture for my Mac at home, as
> it looks to be a pretty good program. Have any of you run it through
> any sort of testing?
>
> thanks,
>
> Doug

I've used it on and off in the original version (1.0) and a newer
version (1.1.1 ?).  In 1.0, I would have to say that the image quality
was not that great.  1.1.1 fixes my complaints about the image quality,
but I still prefer CaptureOne- Aperture may have a better interface, but
CaptureOne moves fast on my G5, where Aperture crawls unless you have a
new intel mac w/ hardware graphics or a dual/quad 2.3GHz or greater G5.

One thing that I do miss in C1 is Aperture's auto-stacking ability;  it
groups images into stacks by nearness in time-  this is really great and
is very effective for automatically separating your different subjects.

It's got great potential, and I'd certainly like to use it.  Perhaps
once they support multiple image databases I'll try a wholesale import
of a few thousand images to see how it works.

 From time to time Apple stores will have a demo of Aperture, check the
Apple website- you can bring in images and work with the software before
you buy it.

-Ryan