I just walked into my Apple store one day a couple of months ago, fired
up one of the G5's with a large display attached, downloaded some RAW
images I had put onto a CD, and played to my heart's content. No need
to wait for a official "demo." A guy wandered over to ask if I wanted
help, I said "no, I want a new computer" and he told me to let him know
when I was ready, and wandered away.

I don't use iPhoto primarily because of the severe limitations on
how/where images are stored, I wouldn't use Aperture for the same
reason, and I don't have a modern enough machine to run it anyway. That
said, it is really slick. If it weren't for the  storage issue, I would
be tempted to buy a new machine just for this program. I may yet  talk
my self into it. But first I need to buy the K10D and replace my wife's
failing iBook; a new machine for me comes after...

Stan