-----Original Message-----

From:  graywolf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subj:  Re: funny K10D story
Date:  Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:20 am
Size:  3K
To:  Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>

Yes, I believe in cropping. In fact I usually shoot with the intent of
cropping as part of the processing. One of the many reason mini-lab
prints never quite did it for me (short of using a pair of scissors,
grin). With event photography one has to shoot tightly because "develop
and print" is the only way to make a profit at the low prices you get
paid. I will always remember the Speed Graphic ad from back in the 50's
that was titled "One Good Negative, Seven Great Photos" in which they
showed seven crops from the negative that were entirely different
pictures from each other. SO! If the crop is planned from the start it
is no different than a full frame shot except that one has the choice of
formats other than the one native to the camera. I agree with Jens on
this one.

--
graywolf
http://www.graywolfphoto.com