I've been looking at the mounting collars on my Pentax big glass and they all
have the exact same footprint. I  can see where that would be a good thing if
anyone actually built QR plates to fit them.

For those who haven't seen the Pentax collars, the foot has a removable metal
plate with a standard tripod thread in the center of it. The foot also has two
smaller holes that could be useful to stabilize the lens if anyone made a QR
plate with the proper hardware to take advantage of them. I see a market for a
QR plate with two metal pins to fit the smaller holes and the usual screw with
tripod thread. The metal pins would be useful to keep the lens from rotating
around the tripod screw.

Has anyone seen a plate that works in that fashion with Pentax glass?  know
most QR systems have the little nubs than can be placed against the edge of the
foot but I think a plate with pins would be a better solution.

Tom Reese