On 7/19/06, Aaron Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I just mean that when the DA Limited lineup overlaps directly on the FA
> lineup (I'm thinking of the 40 - 43 and 70 - 77) and in those instances
> the lenses are smaller and slower, I don't think you have to panic --
> they're not bigger and faster because those lenses already exist and
> are reasonably current in their larger/faster incarnation.

I'm not panicking. It's just with the release of the K100D & the
upcoming K10D, I'd just like to see more high quality faster glass to
go with these bodies.

So far I haven't been all that impressed with the DA lenses I've
bought. I got the DA 16-45 f4 after reading all the positive reviews
of those here on the PDML, & I needed something wider, but I don't
think it's as good as the hype. I use them (DA16-45 & DA10-17) &
they're OK, but none of them have made me go "WOW, this is a kick ass
lens". Maybe the pancake limited's would make me change my opinion :-)

Hopefully the upcoming DA 50-135 f2.8 & DA16-50 f2.8 are of equal
quality to their FA predecessors.

Cheers,

Dave