Hi David

Quoting David Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Doing perspective corrections with software is cheaper than buying
> a shift
> lens or a view camera.

A shift lens?  Does anyone still make them? Not that I could ever
afford one, much less justify the purchase....

> After reading your post last night I had a go correcting a shot of
> mine
> with converging verticals using PTGui. After placing a few control
> points
> to define the verticals & horizontal's, here's what I came up
> with:

With this sort of image I think the converging verticals add to the
impact of the subject, so I prefer the original.  I think software
adjustment is probably better suited to complete buildings, such as
the old church in my original post (but I've got a lot of learning
and practice to do).  One thing that seems desirable is to have a lot
of space around the main image so that the distorted edges can be
cropped out.  With my latest attempt I needed to do a fair bit of
cloning around the boundary to fill the rectangular frame.

Cheers

Brian

Brian Walters
Western Sydney Australia