> jim kerslake wrote:
>
> >> It's official: film is dead.
> >
> >It's not dead - it's resting...
> >
> >Pining for the fjords   :-)
>
> With $1k 10-megapixel bodies popping up like daisies, it's likely to
> be a long rest.

I could not resist a bit more...
(sorry if it's been done before)

'Ello, I wish to register a complaint.

"I wish to complain about this roll of film what I purchased not half an
hour ago from this very boutique."

"Remarkable film, the Fuji Velvia, innit squire?  Beautiful saturation"

"The saturation don't enter into it.... ee's stone dead."

"There, it moved! "
"No, it didn't, that was you winding the spool!"

"I never!! "

"Yes, you did! "

"Look, I took the liberty of examining that Velvia when I got it home, and I
discovered the only reason that it had been sitting in its camera in the
first place was that it had been NAILED there. "

"Well, o'course it was nailed there! If I hadn't nailed that film in, it
would have over-exposed itself, and VOOM! Feeweeweewee! "

"VOOM"?!? Mate, this film wouldn't "voom" if you put four million volts
through it! 'E's bleedin' demised! "

"Well, I'd better replace it, then. Sorry squire, I've had a look 'round the
back of the shop, and uh, we're right out of Fuji Velvia."

"I see. I see, I get the picture."

"I got a CF card"

 (pause)

"Pray, does it render the plumage of a Norwegian parrot onto beautifully
saturated transparencies at ISO 50? "

"Nnn...not really."

"WELL IT'S HARDLY A B***** REPLACEMENT THEN, IS IT?!!???!!?"

--- et cetera  :-)

> With $1k 10-megapixel bodies popping up like daisies, it's likely to
> be a long rest.
>
> --
> Mark Roberts Photography & Multimedia
> www.robertstech.com
> 412-687-2835

It has removed 8230 spam emails to date.