Fra: Jens Bladt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sendt: 22. juli 2006 08:19
Til: Pentax-Discuss Mail List
Emne: RE: ZX-5n

Not everybody want one. They are still quite expensive. An average digital
camera is perhaps worth 500-1000 liter of milk.
In Europe this is equal to perhaps a week's wages or 2% of a persons annual
income, before taxes.
In Europe and USA (and a few more places), where the average income is high
enough for people to buy an expensive (and not essential for survival)
digital camera is only 10 % of the earths populatione

Annual income pr capita (head):.
The value of 1000 l milk = a 850 USD digital camera in percent of annual
inciome pr. captita:

USA:       40.000USD    2   Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of annual
income
pr capita
Norway:    40.000USD    2   Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of annual
income pr capita
Denmark: 33.000USD      3   Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of annual
income pr capita
Japan      30.000USD    3   Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of annual
income pr capita
UK:       29.600        USD     3   Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of
annual income
pr capita
Israel:   20.800        USD     4   Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of
annual
income pr capita
Russia:   10.700        USD     8   Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of
annual
income pr capita
Malaysia: 10.400USD     8   Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of annual
income pr capita
China:      5.600 USD   15  Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of annual
income pr capita
Lebanon:  5.000 USD     17  Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of annual
income pr capita
Egypt:  4.400   USD     19  Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of annual
income
pr capita
Vietnam:2.700   USD     31  Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of annual
income
pr capita
Kenya:  1.100   USD     77  Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of annual
income
pr capita
Tanzania:700    USD     121 Percent - a 850 USD camera in percent of annual
income
pr capita

(PS I don't know the price of milk in these countries - or the price of a
digital camera. I used European price levels.

I guess if you "need" perhaps 0-432 (4x6" print) photographs every year
(less than one film each month/one photograph each day), it would be down
right crazy to buy a digital camera. A lot of people would want an
affordable camera (100-200 USD) (and then a film every now and then.
I believe film will be arround for quite some time. Perhaps as long as a
digital camera is more expensive than a film camera.
Regards

Jens Bladt
http://www.jensbladt.dk
+45 56 63 77 11