----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Subject: Re: New telephoto lenses?

> Yeah, the Fiero wasn't exactly a classic. It was a low-budget
> throw-together project from GM that did nothing to boost their reputation.
> The engine and transaxle were almost identical to the front-drive units in
> the X-body cars. The steering knuckles were simply locked into position. I
> believe the rotation problem was solved by having the engine run
> counterclockwise, although I could be wrong about that.

I always thought the Fiero was really badly handled from the get go.
When it came out it had poor suspension, and was underpowered for what it
was trying to be, so they jack-knifed a v-6 in which screwed up the balance,
and had some other issues with overheating IIRC.
I don't think the suspension issues were ever dealt with, I read somewhere
they took the suspension pretty much straight from some econo box whose
neame eludes me at the moment.
By the time they scrapped it, they had what should have been the ideal
engine in the Quad4, though it had some reliability issues as well (mine
did, anyway).

William Robb