Ease of repair is very closely related to space under the hood in my
experience.

The Fiero had none, especially in the V6 versions. Most compact cars
have little space under the hood. RWD front engined cars tend to be
larger with the extra space that comes with it. They also have simpler
drivelines. Both are an aid to repairs.

Chrysler LH cars are FWD and quite easy to work on, but you can
practically dance in the engine compartment, they have enough space in
there for a large V8 while harbouring only a mid-sized V6 (3.3L or 3.5L).

-Adam