frank theriault wrote:
> On 7/25/06, keith_w <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> <snip> As a professor, he need not iterate that he's professing a
> learned point of
>> view...the students believe him or her all out of proportion to reality,
>> *just
>> because they ARE professors.*<snip>

> Wow!  Where did you go to university or college, and when?
>
> We didn't believe 1/2 the shit our profs told us, and weren't afraid
> to tell them that.  In fact, we were encouraged to critically analyze
> what we were told.
>
> Mind you, that was majoring in philosophy...
>
> ;-)
>
> cheers,
> frank

To begin with, just below you, on the south shore of Lake Erie, in Cleveland.
As I got older and a little bit smarter (and moved to California) UC Berkeley
and various other organizations of higher learning in that state.

Aha...philosophy. If I had been going to UCLA, that would work, but I was an
engineering major. Whole different kettle of fishies...  <g>

keith