The Pentax 28-200 was made by Tamron. But Tamron's super zoom went
through several generations of development after the Pentax version came
out. The most recent is apparently the best, as I recall from some
reading. You might also look at the Tokina 24-200, which I think tested
pretty well for this class.

You might want to look up the reviews of these done by Popular
Photography. Ignore the text (which is rarely critical), and concentrate
on the SQF numbers at the f-stops and size of enlargement you will use.
Don't accept ratings below A -- you will see weakness otherwise.

Tokina's lenses are not well coated, but I have rarely had a flare
problem with the two I have owned. I don't know whether Tamron is better
in this regard.

Joe