Tom,
If you want to go in prior to the formal opening time, be prepared to
PAY dearly for a guide. You will have no choice. Guide or nothing. If I
remember, it cost us (3) $40 ea. Sunrise is prior to daily opening
time.
We had been in the previous pm and knew exactly where we wanted to be,
but we were not given a choice.
I had a 4-WD, but many didn't and at that time,('prox 3 yes ago) the
road/trail didn't require it.
There is a day use picnic area I saw, but don't believe there is a
camping place there. I'm putting up a shot taken from the picnic area.
(Used orange filter)
Recommend close by Goulding's Lodge, 2 mi. off US 163 and Goulding's
Jct. All services and a bit of history.
The lodge is perched on a side bluff which affords a nice area view. It
overlooks a small airport where, at least at one time, provided light
fixed wing aircraft flights over the Valley.
I have no financial interest in Goulding's, but am furnishing their
'phone no. in case: (435) 727-3231.

Jack

http://photolightimages.com/aspupload/detail.asp?ID=155