> On Aug 2, 2006, at 11:00 PM, Joseph Tainter wrote:
>
> > It reads like a very intelligent test. The Nikon D200 and the Sony
> > Alpha
> > both get bad marks for noise. The K10D will apparently have the same
> > sensor.

My D2h is a lot worse than my D200, which i don't find bad for noise at all.
If i have to shoot the D2H over 320 iso, under cloudy skies, its bad. You
notice it in the
riders face. I
have not noticed as that bad on the D200.

At Xmas time i took a few indoor baby shots under florecent light at iso 800
and printed
an 8x10 for the
Mom. It ;looked very good, but then again at iso 1600 in the arena under
extremly poor
light, it was
noticable. But i bet any camera would have been bad with that light.

My istD is good for noise.

Dave