On Aug 5, 2006, at 9:46 AM, keith_w wrote:

> For one who has not yet made a jump to the *ist side, are you
> telling me that
> when all the follow-up family members of the *istD's are
> considered, the *istD
> is still top of the line in build and finish?

I find it rather difficult to make that assessment until we see the
K10D for real rather than in fervid imaginations.

The *ist DS is not up to the materials and build quality of my Canon
10D, but then again it's 30% smaller, half the weight, and works
better. Unlike some others, I prefer a smaller, lighter camera that
produces excellent results.