My mobile phone has a ringtone that's like an old-fashioned phone with
a bell - so it sounds like Sam Spade's office when it rings. But I
still miss most of my calls because I'm so deaf that when it rings it
takes me forever to realise it's my phone. I can hear something, but
I'm thinking "What the hell is that noise? Where's it coming from?".

On the rare occasions when I do hear it in time, the bell is so
old-fashioned that I want to answer "Gerrard 600. Would you the line,
please caller, while I connect you" in a plummy voice.

--
Cheers,
 Bob