----- Original Message -----
From: "Jack Davis"
Subject: CD File Size

> No way to ask this and remain less than embarrassed. Not going to try.
> Let's say I have a frame commercially scanned (35mm for example) that
> turned out to be an 8-bit at 50MB. (it's a beautiful scene, by the
> way).
> I decide to print an 8x10, size it accordingly and notice that the
> file
> is now 17MB or?.
> I now fiddle with the image, I like the changes, so re-burn it.
> Dumb alert: do I need to restore the dimensions in PS to approximate
> the initial file size (50MB)? Will I have lost MB's if I don't?
> I gather not, but...?
> Thanks for your pitty. :)

When you resized it, you threw away 37mb of information. If you bring it
back to the original 50mb, you will be making 37mb of information up
(interpolation).
Your best bet would be to go back to the original file and and apply the
fiddling that you did to the 17mb file to it, then burn another copy of
it.
Photoshop can be told to keep a logfile of what it does, so you don't
even need to work from memory.

William Robb