Ivan,

Welcome back.  I think you have a problem with all your optional glass.
I'm sure the 12-24 Nikkor and 400 f2.8 are spoiling you. ;-)
They will be expensive to duplicate in Pentax gear.

I have a Pentax Ds and played a bit with my nephew's new K100D yesterday.
I didn't get much of a read on the shake reduction feature, but I
consider it a plus.
The camera itself is just a bit more boxy than the Ds, maybe more plastic?
I expect the K10D will be a step up and feature share reduction.

I wouldn't have a problem building a system around the old Pentax
lenses that you already owned.  If you want to switch later, the glass
has been holding good value as Pentax seems to be adding users with
digital.

Regards,  Bob S.