Yes if I go the Pentax route the 12-24 is definetly one of the first if not the
first len we will buy. The 400 2.8 on the other hand I will just borrow the
lens and camera from work..It costs more than any car I have ever owned :) Good
to know the Pentax version is a good performer. I do not use ours that much as
co-worker normally carries it in his bag. I usually use the 17-55 and 70-200
2.8 VR and all the other letters Nikon uses on their lenses. When only able to
use one lens  borrow the 18-200 as long as the light will be good. I really
like the 70-200 but it is heavy and the D1X with that lens compared to the MZ5n
and the 70-200 or 70-210 we have is like comparing apples to blueberries

> The 12-24 won't be that expensive to match, the Pentax 12-24 is
> significantly cheaper than the Nikon but performs just as well
> (The
> extra cost in the Nikon is in heavier build and the AF-S motor).
>
> The 400 f2.8 on the other hand...
>

> ------------------------------
>

> Message: 8
> Date: Sun, 06 Aug 2006 12:57:09 -0400
> From: David J Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: Re: returning to this group
> To: pdml@pdml.net
>
> Quoting IVAN SHUKSTER <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>
> > My name is Ivan and I live in Medicine Hat Alberta. I was a
> member
> > of this list briefly last summer.
>
> Welcome back.
>
> > I can buy a Pentex DSLR and upgrade some of my lenses and keep
> the
> > MZ5n or buy a Nikon D200 (one of which I do have on order for my
> use
> >  at work to replace the D1X)
>
> Is the D1X for sale.? I would be interestedif it is. Contact me
> off
> list if you like. I;m looking for something to replace my D2h
> which i
> hate.

Dave

The D1X is not mine to sale and is not for sale and in a way seeing as you are
a Canadian you have already paid for it, txpayers dollars at work :) We still
have uses for them , we have more than one.