On Aug 7, 2006, at 10:09 PM, P. J. Alling wrote:

> Many K lenses were also listed as current at the Pentax Japan site,
> until just recently, I can't remember exactly which ones they were but
> there were a couple of mirrors the shift 28mm an 400mm struck my eye.
> can't check now, both those sites were revamped about 1 year ago and
> the
> lens lineups have been seriously culled.

They were listed as "in production" or just that they had them
available?  This is a big difference.  Like I said, I hold no illusions
that the brand new SMC-F 50mm f1.4 was made any time recently, despite
the fact that it was available new from Pentax Canada.  Likewise the
SMC-A* 400mm f2.8.  It's just a slow moving product that they still had
stock of.

Anyways, the mirrors will meter just fine because they only operate
wide open.

-Aaron