As I said, it was a friend's statement. He's pretty knowledgeable
about these things, felt they have some severe design shortcomings
and are excessively expensive to run. But I have little experience
with the 944 personally to know one way or another about those things.

The 944 was never in the least bit appealing to me personally. I only
drove a friend's once and much preferred the rasty, noisy, twitchy
911 my uncle had. Or my Alfa Romeo 1750 Spider Veloce, which
understeered like a pig unless you knew exactly how to make it dance.

But such is emotion when it comes to cars...

Godfrey