Amita,
Without getting at all specific, something I rarely do, a couple months
back I was reading dpreview Canon chat. Big hairy Canon whine for not
carrying a lens line equivalent to Pentax. All manner of examples were
offered, including the LTD primes.
They were critical of both the choices and relative quality of
available Canon lenses.
I understand your frustration at not finding certain third party lenses
for Pentax, but Canon users have their own grips.

Jack