My 67 is manual focus only.  In fact, the DS2 is the first AF body I've owned.

-Aaron

-----Original Message-----

From:  Collin R Brendemuehl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subj:  Re: Holy Crap -- Pentax 10MP body
Date:  Tue Aug 15, 2006 7:08 am
Size:  666 bytes
To:  PDML@pdml.net

How about this:

Sensor-based focus / focus-assist / critical focus.
Ala Contax with film, it would now be practical on digital.

Imagine:  set the camera on Infinity and let the sensor do the rest.
Or
Let the camera do a predictable range focus (much faster) and then
let the body finish by adjusting the sensor accordingly.

Sincerely,

Collin Brendemuehl
http://www.brendemuehl.net
http://evangelicalperspective.blogspot.com

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose"
                                                 -- Jim Elliott